Gönderen Konu: Thierry Henry defends Zinedine Zidane after Real Madrid's Clasico defeat  (Okunma sayısı 25 defa)

oudom5232

• Yeni Üye
  • İleti: 12
    • Profili Görüntüle

สโบเบท Thierry Henry has defended Zinedine Zidane after Real Madrid's 3-0 defeat to Barcelona in Saturday's Clasico at the Bernabeu.

Second-half goals from Luis Suarez, Lionel Messi and Aleix Vidal allowed Barcelona to open up a 14-point gap on Madrid, who ended the game with 10 men after Dani Carvajal was sent off for a deliberate handball.

Zidane's decision to play Mateo Kovacic in midfield ahead of either Isco or Gareth Bale ultimately proved unsuccessful, but speaking on La Liga Weekly, Henry insisted Zidane's approach was the right one and said it would be unfair to question his tactical ability after all he has achieved during his two-year spell in charge.

"I like to bring it back to when he arrived," said Henry. "He did something that Rafa Benitez had tried to do, to play Casemiro, and the fans allowed him to do it.

"At the beginning, they were not playing the way Real Madrid fans wanted to see them play, but they were winning games. So people were saying Zizou is a great tactician because he recognised that the midfield needed an enforcer more than four Galacticos.

"He went on to win back-to-back Champions Leagues and everything else, and up until 45 minutes of this game, it was not bad what he was doing.

"Today, for me, shouldn't kill what Zizou put in place. People will tell me that he has the players, he has this and he has that, but still, Zizou did it by putting in Casemiro.สโบเบท

"Today, I think what he tried to do with Kovacic was to not let Barcelona control the midfield. The only thing you can say is that at one point, they forgot about playing, as they were so focused on stopping Barcelona. But I don't think overall the tactics were bad."

Henry insisted the individual errors which led to Barcelona's goals should not be blamed on the head coach.

"The coach can give you a tactic and a plan, but your team need to execute it with what's happening on the field," he added.

"For example, Kovacic, you have to go with Messi, but when Ivan Rakitic goes on the counter-attack, you have to pick him up.

"That's you recognising danger. That's you recognising when to go and when not to go. I always say that a coach, unfortunately, is only as good as how the players execute his plan.

"I'm not trying to find excuses for Zizou, but I think since he has been there he has done a tremendous job. When you don't win people are going to question you, but form is not eternal.

"They have given us a lot of pleasure, and that's me saying that as a Barcelona man. He is the first manager to win back-to back Champions Leagues, and five or six months ago people were raving about how they beat Barcelona in the Super Cup. Not that they beat Barcelona, but how they did it."

Henry added that questioning Zidane's future as Real Madrid's head coach would be "comical".

"To even talk about Zizou getting the sack is comical to me with what he has done," he said. "Can he not have a little pause on the run that he had with his team? It goes with the job, because when you don't perform they ask questions, but come on, he has done a tremendous job."
สโบเบท